Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Your Music is Bad and You Should Feel Bad

A while back I took up guitar and, in the five years since taking it up, I haven't progressed much at my own work, but have done well in covering the work of others. Lately, there have been people I work with that have been playing for years longer than myself and, after having listened to their work that their rhythms are nice and their lyrics are clever, but there is something missing. I then realize then that is the problem that musicians and writer's both have: what you have are parts that are great independent from each other. Of course, not all music can be bad if the music is in you right?

That is a lie. Look at Taylor Swift. Her music has been around for a while and had studio production with it and it is horrible. And since you aren't Taylor Swift, that means you have talent of some sort. If you don't, just keep persevering and get help from friends. That is how one can get better.


Just Remember: No matter how bad your music is, at least it isn't techno.

No comments:

Post a Comment