Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Look at Ms. Puke and the Puke Mobile


Driving, whether I like it or not, is a vital aspect of my life. I have to get around. Whenever I hear people talking about driving, they have stories about being flashed by girls or getting out of speeding tickets. The stories I am usually involved in go something to the effect of Once upon a time, I was driving home from work when some schmuck in an SUV decided to cut me off. Ignoring this schmuck I continued onward towards my destination, when at an intersection another schmuck in an SUV decided that they had the right to turn before me, nearly crashing into me. Needing to stop for gas, I take the last open pump, only to be flipped off by the person entering the gas station behind me. They too are in an SUV, from which they begin insulting me and my "pukey-puke mobile."



Now there are a multitude of ideas that come to mind. The first being to turn the other cheek. Of course, this idea is thrown on the window by the time the second and third driver put me off within the same hour. My second idea lends itself to a more lawful path: calling the police. While that is well and good, I would rather not go through that hassle. Then comes the idea polar opposite to the former: DEMOLITION DERBY, BABY! Then logic kicks in and I realize that my tiny sedan is no match in that kind of derby against an SUV. And, while my mind logically realizes that their cars are more likely to roll or hit each other should a Demolition Derby take place, I then realize that my anger has gotten the best of me.

Just Remember: All people drive like crap, but we cannot let it get the best of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment