Monday, July 15, 2013

Paradiso Lost

After having failed to halt the existence of the wretched Taylor Swift, I decided to return to the future and join in on a past time that I have not done in basically ever: night clubbing. Actually, it didn't start like that at all. It actually started with me walking downtown and finding this bar called Level 42, a bar geared toward every gamer nerd out there. There are game-themed drinks, recliner chairs,  and game systems. They have everything...except for food. I ended up leaving and going to Paradiso Pizza on the block kitty corner from the bar. For a pizza place with such a classy name, it has some really strange decor: all white floors, all white brick walls, and murals of anime girls.

As I dined on pizza, I chatted up the bartender and discovered that there were two additional floors above the pizza parlor that were a night club. He even took my name to put on a list so I could get in for free later. Seeing as the club wasn't supposed to start hopping until midnight or so, I went back to Level 42 to kill some time. Level 42 ended up being pretty cool, but having overstayed my welcome on the game systems, I made back for Pardiso Pizza a little earlier than intended. I walked up to the second floor. The floor was a solid, plastic white matte. Neon lights, the only thing to give life to the bland decor. There were solid, white plastic cylinders as tables or potentially chairs...it was kind of hard to say. Also, there was a large white plastic couch at one end of the room complete with one female waitress that looked tired of the club scene.

I snuck up to the third floor. This level seemed a little more incredible than the previous. There were couches in the shape of clouds (cool to look at, but incredibly difficult to get comfortable on). There was a floating island of a bar, all white as you may have guessed, with small digital televisions hanging down from the ceiling all around the bar. The shadow of a woman gyrated a dance in a fashion that could be considered surreal art or hip by some, it just confused me. Unlike the floor below though, the third floor was entirely empty. Having some privacy, I jumped into a bathroom. The bathroom, from what I can surmise, would have been all white had it not been illuminated in a blue light. Before I continue I want to say that I am no architect, just a person. So I finish my business in the bathroom, I unlock the door, and then I reach for the handle...the handle that isn't there. That's right, a bathroom was created without a door handle. I tried everything I could find (my shirt, my belt, bunched up paper towel) underneath the lock so I could use it as a handle, but to no use. I pounded on the door, but nobody could hear my above the music or from a floor below.  In the end I had to use the time code to activate the Time Sphere and leave.

Just Remember: Night clubs kind of suck and can suck more if you don't take a friend along...mainly because they can kick open a bathroom door that has no handle. Also, if you visit a club downtown above a pizza parlor that has a locked men's room...that was me. Good luck getting it open.

No comments:

Post a Comment