Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Visiting those Lost

Traveling all over time gives one the ability to do what they want: study, revise, omit, etc. The only problem with the concept of travel is not being about to revise what we want to, only that doesn't necessarily pertain to us. Having that inability, it leaves me with no other option but to merely study certain parts of the past. I took the Time Sphere back to the late 1980s where I decided to visit home. It wasn't until I was outside my old subdivision that I realized the visit wouldn't make any sense. Turning around, I headed back into town to see what the town used to look like when I was young; however, I was faced with one massive problem: being Hispanic in a very rural region.

The visit to town was going fine up until a group of rowdy young men decided to show me a lesson. I ran. I ran as fast as I could and ended up in the town church. The building, for the most part, was empty. Trying to regain my breath, the priest and a parishioner came up to me and asked me what was wrong. Omitting the entire time-travel-thing, I told him about the men outside. The priest opened the door and the men started into the building threatening and taunting me. The father tried to show them logic and reason, but they wouldn't have it. It was then that the parishioner stood up to them, spouting off names and claiming he knew their parents. It was a strange display.

When the young men left, the parishioner and I attended to the priest. It wasn't until then that I realized who he was. I could have said anything to him. I could have told him of what to expect or what steps to take to postpone his inevitable end, but before I could think of anything to say he was on his way home with his son, a young me. It was then that I opened the time sphere and left. The past is too upsetting sometimes.

Just Remember: "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment